Group under aegis of Coalition of Northern Youth and Students Organization has urged Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ,EFCC wave into the allegations of corruption levelled against the Suspended Vice Chancellor of Federal University Dutse-ma ,Katsina State
The group ,which expressed anger over the politicisation of Vice Chancellor’s suspension and attempt to reinstate him , also gave ultimatum to the Minister of Education to immediately setup a Committee to investigate corruption allegations levelled against the suspended Vice Chancellor (Professor Haruna Kaita) within seven (7) days.
In a press statement jointly signed by Ibrahim Bature Dute-Ma M.D Salihu ,the Chairman, Coalition of Northern Speaker, Arewa Youth
Youths & Students Organization Assembly and Usman Baba Yahaya Salisu Coordinator, NANS Zone A Secretary, Anti-Corruption ,
Youth Ambassadors ,said “if Prof.Kaita be allowed to be shielded by some powerful Elites, then we will have no doubt but to believe that the fight against corruption in Nigeria is selective. ”
Read full text :
“OUR POSITION ON THE CRISIS ROCKING THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE-MA, KATSINA STATE” BEING THE TEXT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE DELIVERED BY THE LEADERSIDP OF THE COALITION OF NORTHERN YOUTH AND STUDENTS ORGANIZATION, ON WEDNESDAY, 10TH MAY, 2017 AT AGURA HOTEL ABUJA.
Gentlemen of the Press, our attention has been drawn to the issue of the suspended Vice Chancellor of the Federal University, Dutse-Ma, Katsina State (Professor Haruna Kaita) by the University Governing Council under the Leadership of Dr. Marliya Zayyan (Mrs), on the grounds of Gross Misconduct, abuse of office and fraudulent practice. ”
We, the Coalition of Northern Civil Youths and Students Organization, deem it fit to be part and parcel of this struggle because Education is the bedrock of national development and we cannot fold our hands and allow some few individuals to destroy the future of our generation and generation yet unborn.
Gentlemen of the Press, at a critical time like this, when President Muhammadu Buhari is trying to sanitize the entire system of corruption, it is a national scandal for such thing to happen in the immediate constituency of Mr. President. We call on the national Assembly to get involved in this fight against corruption.
We therefore make the following demands,
1. The Minister of Education should immediately setup a Committee to investigate the suspended Vice Chancellor (Professor Haruna Kaita) within seven (7) days.
2. We condemned in strong terms the interference of some ” prominent Northern Elites in trying to politicize the suspension of the Vice Chancellor.
3. We call on the Chairman of the University Governing Council to continue to withstand the pressure by some few individuals who want the suspended Vice Chancellor reinstated unconditionally.
4. We also call on all Anti-Graft agencies to please come to the aid of the entire Tertiary Institutions by sanitizing the system.
5. We call on all Youths and Students across the nation to give necessary information and support to the Anti-Graft Agencies by exposing corrupt Academicians.
Finally Gentlemen of the Press, Today, let it be on records that we have raised our voices to a highly possible act of corruption haven found our facts in accordance with the Global best practices for civil society organizations in exposing sensitive issues and should Prof. Kaita be allowed to be shielded by some powerful Elites, then we will have no doubt but to believe that the fight against corruption in Nigeria is selective.
Thank you and God Bless.
Ibrahim Bature Dute-Ma M.D Salihu ,Chairman, Coalition of Northern Speaker, Arewa Youth & Students Organization Assembly
Usman Baba Yahaya Salisu ,Coordinator, NANS Zone A Secretary, Anti-Corruption Youth Ambassadors