Kaduna NUJ to Members : Adhere Strictly to Ethics of Profession
Nigeria Union of Journalists ,NUJ ,Kaduna Council has urged its members to adhere strictly to ethics of the profession .
In a communiqué issued and signed by Secretary of Kaduna Council Dauda Idris Doka after the monthly Congress , The Council Chairman ,Comrade Adamu Yusuf said the need for journalists to adhere to ethics of the Profession is necessary ,considering the pivotal role journalists and the media play in ensuring peace and development of a nation.
Reade full communiqué:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED BY THE KADUNA COUNCIL OF THE NIGERIA UNION OF JOURNALISTS CONGRESS HELD ON APRIL 20TH 2017
The congress was presided over by the Chairman of the Council, Comrade Adamu Yusuf who restated the Councils commitment to ensuring a cordial relationship with all tiers of government devoid of intimidation.
He reminded his colleagues of the need to always carry out their duties in accordance with the ethics of the profession, while reiterating the need for a conducive atmosphere where they could practice their profession without hindrance.
The congress resolved as follows:-
1. That as a result of the apology tendered by Habeeb Bello of the Blueprint Newspapers who was one of the witnesses in the case instituted against the NUJ by the impeached Chairman, Garba Muhammad, the suspension earlier placed on Bello was reversed.
2. That the relationship between the NUJ and the Kaduna State Government be improved upon as both are partners in progress and that whenever there are issues, there is the need to dialogue with the leadership of the Union before any further action.
3. Appealed to the State Government to intervene in the immediate release of the detained Correspondent of the Leadership Newspapers, Joseph Midal, though reason for the arrest not yet disclosed.
4. That Yusuf Atta of the FRCN and Gabriel Idibia should be called to order over alleged offences of insubordination and undermining activities of the Union. Both are to face ethics and Disciplinary committee.
5. That following the impeachment of the Chairman of New Nigerian Newspapers Chapel, Albdulazeez Ahmed Kadir and the Secretary, Kunle Sani over fraudulent practices, Sani Aliyu and Alex Uangbaoje were appointed Ag Chairman and Secretary respectively.
6. That the President Black Gold organization, Chief Sunny Okogwu was commended for his philanthropic gesture over the allocation of ten plots of land to the Kaduna State Council of the NUJ.
Dauda Idris Doka