In line with its mandate of enforcing traffic and environmental laws in Kaduna state, Kaduna State Traffic and Environmental Law Enforcement Agency has swung into action with a view to sanitizing the system.
To this end ,the public has therefore been put on notice to avoid ‘ticketing and fining’ of offences mostly by motorists.
A statement by the General Manager of KASTELEA ,Colonel Zakari Ahmed Rtd. listed the following offences that should be avoided not to fall prey to the law.
Driving without relevant particulars/ documents, Use of mobile phones while driving, Driving without seat belts, Wrongful parking, Disobeying traffic lights, signs and markings, Overloading of vehicles, both human and goods, Resisting arrest, Noise which constitute nuisance, Failure to cover vehicles carrying waste, construction sand, gavel and other materials, Non clearance of drainages , Vehicles with excessive emissions and Assault on marshals of KASTELEA.
The statement has therefore advised the public to adhere strictly to these laws.
Read full statement issued :
4th Oct, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE REALEASE
In a bid to step up our ongoing Operations and in line with our mandate and vision of the Kaduna State Government to make Kaduna Great Again, the general public is hereby put on notice that the Agency (KASTELEA) shall immediately commence ticketing and fining of offences amongst which are:
1. Driving without relevant Particulars/Documents
2. Use of mobile phones while driving
3. Driving without seat belts
4. Wrongful parking
5. Disobeying traffic lights, signs and markings
6. Overloading of vehicles, both human and goods
7. Resisting Arrest
8. Noise which constitute Nuisance
9. Failure to cover vehicles carrying waste, construction sand, gravel and other materials
10. Non clearance of drainages
11. Vehicles with excessive Emissions
12. Assault on marshals of KASTELEA
The general public is once more advised to adhere to these and all other traffic and environmental Laws.
Col. A Z Ahmed (RTD)